The first year I had Bunny, I had a lot to learn as far as keeping her clean and making it a routine so she didnt get any infections. Multiple vet visits later, I realized the bully breed does need special care. She was new to me and everything in my eyes was the biggest deal, ha. I learned to deal and maintain by cleaning her and keeping her skin protected. Heres a couple of must haves for my frenchie.
1. wet wipes- A MUST. constantly having to wipe her wrinkles on her face so dirt doesnt build up and well as her b e h i n d. she was getting a lot of skin irritation so I always make sure shes all wiped up and clean especially when she rolls in goose poop. I dont take her to softball without em!
2.vaseline her poor little nose gets so dry and crusty. this is literally a magical fix and after 2 days of putting it on shes good as new.
3. HER BONE- what would we do without it? probably sleep more but she loves the dang thing. sometimes it scares me how hard she chews it and i swear shes not going to have any teeth by the time shes 3. although she does need her teeth cleaned because she has stinky breath, this keeps some crud off.
4. nail clippers bunny scratches me bloody when i walk in the door whether its for 5 minutes or 7 hours. ive tried to train her (probably not in the right way) but she cant seem to break the habit. first it was cute, now it just hurts. nonetheless keeping her nails trimmed saves us all.
I had to learn a lot having a french bull dog for the first time, let alone it being my first solo dog. Other than making sure shes clean and happy her other biggest hurdle is being in the heat. It really is hard to keep her super active in the summer or cant take her to the park cause its too hot for her to walk.
I really did end up with a good girl. Doesnt chew or go potty in the house. Id say her biggest weakness is other leashed dogs when shes walking. Shes developed this weird aggression at first until i let her get close then she wants to play but a lot of dogs arent always down with her dominance. But I mean, look at her
1. Waking up on thanksgiving morning with babe and bunny and making breakfast while listening to sam cooke, doesnt get better than that. After we ate we made food we were taking to my moms house ( banana nut bread, broccoli casserole, matts home-made baked beans, chocolate covered strawberries, and my favorite salad). We listened to pandora and had an awesome morning. Couldnt ask for a more sweet babe to spend my time with.
2. Went to moms house to spend some family time for thanksgiving! She painted and redecorated her living room that Im in love with. Her style is impeccable and I get a lot of my inspiration and ideas from her. Its so nice to have my immediate family in one place and to laugh and love even though we dont see each other enough. I got to hold baby Jade who was being so well behaved and smiling from ear to ear.
Quick update, feelin like a big loser because this blog is suffering
Bunnys doing great. Took her to a check up and has a slight ear infection but everything else looks great. Shes my best friend, dont know what I would do without her. She needs her teeth cleaned her breath is horrendous but the vet told me I would need to knock her out then they put a tube down her throat! Ah, Im not sure if Im ok with that at all. Im thinking about going back to the vet who fixed her because they specialize in french bulldogs.
Thanksgiving is already tomorrow, I swear I dont know where the time goes. The only thing I do know is I will be making and consuming a ton of food. Cant wait to see mom and my niece and nephew and all the dogs together. For the second half of eating we are going to go to Matts aunts house, always a good time. To end the night theres an awesome show at a small bar, Pats in the Flats in Cleveland.
Just to make it not a text only, heres some of Bun, my new favorite watch/moms bracelet, and my favorite salad that not only do I eat every day but will be making for my moms dinner tomorrow whether they like it or not!..cause I do.